Let’s face it--- Maintaining a diverse workforce is not an easy task. But no worthwhile task ever is.
At Larkin Hoffman, we have made a commitment to diversify our workforce to better reflect the world in which we live and the clients we serve. A diverse workforce enables us to serve our clients more effectively. It helps us to identify and understand our clients’ needs. It generates creativity and infuses us with new ideas and approaches. It also increases our sensitivity to how others might interpret our actions and communications. The insights we gain from working with a diverse team inform our advice and representation. Differences in opinion, background, and belief make us more dynamic and better equipped to work with all types of clients and all types of businesses. Our inclusive culture appreciates, values and celebrates the differences that aid us in serving our clients.
We are committed to diversifying our workforce, not only through our words, but also through our deeds. For example, we have created and support a Diversity Committee made up of associates and shareholders in our organization. This Committee is responsible for keeping diversity and our diversity pledge “top of mind” by ensuring that what we do as an organization reflects our commitment to diversity. Our commitment to diversity is long standing –
- We were one of the first firms in Minnesota to elect a woman as our President.
- We were the first law firm to regularly sponsor a professional women's networking event hosted by our women attorneys.
- We are a member of Twin Cities Diversity in Practice, an association of 27 law firms and 12 corporate legal departments dedicated to a single mission: to attract, recruit, advance, and retain attorneys of color in the Twin Cities legal community.
- Every female attorney in our firm is a member of Minnesota Women Lawyers (MWL’s 100% Club) and we are a Silver Sponsor of MWL.
- We participate regularly in the Minnesota Minority Recruitment Conference.
- We have a generous paid parental leave policy for our associates who become parents, through either birth or adoption.
- We have a part-time policy for associates and shareholders.
- We support flexible work schedules.
- We offer domestic partner benefits.
- We provide diversity training opportunities for our attorneys to learn more about themselves, their colleagues, and the clients we serve.
To achieve our goal, we know it will take a long term commitment by our organization and its leaders. We also know it will take a continual self-assessment of the organization’s progress toward this goal and the courage of our convictions to stay the course, in good times and in bad. We know it won’t be easy. But, nothing worthwhile ever is.
For more information on our diversity efforts please feel free to contact Mariel Piilola, our Human Resources Director, at email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.