Alexander J. Beeby is a litigator who helps business owners and managers to resolve disputes in the areas of employment, bankruptcy and other areas of their business.
Alex previously worked as a founding manager of a successful food cooperative and administering phone and data networks for small and large businesses. While in law school, he worked for state and federal judges, in a county prosecutor's office and at Larkin Hoffman.
- Successfully helped defend clients seeking a fresh start in bankruptcy when the county objected to the discharge of “Pay to Stay” fees imposed following incarceration (In re Milan). In a precedent-setting decision, the 8th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel affirmed the firm’s victory in lower court, deciding that these fees were more like hotel bills rather than criminal sanctions, thus creating new law in the state and the 8th Circuit.
View All Related Experience
- Minnesota, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2016
- Mitchell Hamline Alumni Board, board member (2014-present)
- City of Northfield, head election judge (2004-present)
- Humphrey Institute Policy Fellows Program, fellow (2006-2007)
- Northfield Charter Commission, chair (2005-2007)
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, St. Paul, MN; 2016, J.D., summa cum laude
- Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN; 2010, B.A., magna cum laude, History and Honors Religion
Prior Professional Experience
- Law Clerk, Larkin Hoffman
- Extern, Rice County Attorney's Office
- Extern, Judge Donovan Frank, U.S. District Court (Minnesota)
- Law Student Clerk, Judges Joseph Bueltel and Karen Duncan, Steele County District Court
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association