Daniel J. Ballintine has more than 20 years of experience collaborating with businesses to develop and deliver successful litigation strategies involving employment claims. His practice covers virtually every type of employment-related case, including non-compete, discrimination, sexual harassment, overtime, medical leave, trade secret and other claims in state and federal court. Dan also has a niche specialty handling cases that involve temporary restraining orders. He works hand-in-hand with human resource professionals and provides counsel in every aspect of the employment relationship. He acts as general counsel for clients across a broad range of industries and represents all types of businesses including senior care conglomerates, manufacturing companies, retail establishments and service firms.
- Breach of Non-Compete – TRO. Represented former employer in claims of breach of non-compete agreement and trade secret misappropriation, securing temporary restraining order against former employee which forced the termination of his employment with a competitor.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act. Represented national company in defense of claim for violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act in connection with the procurement and use of a criminal background check, obtaining summary judgment from the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- Sexual Harassment. Obtained summary judgment for doctor in defense of sexual harassment and related claims under the Minnesota Human Rights Act.
- Breach of Non-Compete – Jury Trial. Conducted jury trial on behalf of national company, prosecuting claims for breach of non competition agreements and misappropriation of trade secrets against former employees who started competing company, securing a settlement on the eve of jury deliberations.
- Wrongful Termination – Jury Trial. Conducted jury trial in defense of claims for breach of contract and wrongful termination brought by manager against owner of store chain.
View All Related Experience
Professional Associations & Memberships