Dave Hammargren has been representing contractors, sureties, subcontractors, design professionals, owners and lenders in all types of construction and surety litigation and arbitration for more than 30 years.
- Sureties with respect to bid, performance, payment and miscellaneous commercial bond claims, and indemnity actions.
- Contractors, subcontractors and suppliers with respect to mechanics’ liens, bond claims and other efforts to collect payment for completed work, and, also, in defense of claims from owners and others of defective or incomplete performance
- Project owners in connection with claims against contractors and design professionals for negligence and breach of contract, including construction defects
Dave drafts, reviews and negotiates construction-related contracts and frequently acts as an arbitrator or mediator to assist other parties in resolving their disputes. He is active in the industry, having served on the Board of the Minnesota Chapter of the Construction Management Association of America and the Board of the Associated General Contractors of Minnesota.
Dave frequently writes and speaks to construction, surety and professional organizations on relevant legal issues and developments.
- Minnesota, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, South Dakota
- 11 Larkin Hoffman Attorneys Recognized as Best Lawyers in America® 2018; Chuck Modell Named Franchise Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- 25 Larkin Hoffman Attorneys Named 2017 Super Lawyers or Rising Stars
- 10 Larkin Hoffman Attorneys Honored as Best Lawyers in America® 2017; Paul Linstroth Named Tax Law "Lawyer of the Year"