Jerry S. Podkopacz has more than 25 years of experience addressing complex intellectual property and high technology issues for business clients. He understands the importance and value of technology and intellectual property rights, and provides strategic and effective counsel for his clients in these mission-critical areas. Jerry frequently lectures to business groups and professional associations on complex intellectual property and high technology issues. He has been featured on Minnesota Public Radio’s Morning Edition and Midday programs and in the Minneapolis StarTribune, St. Paul Pioneer Press and other publications.
Intellectual Property and Licensing
- Helps clients successfully identify, protect and commercially exploit their intellectual property rights.
- Has negotiated patent and trademark acquisition agreements, prepared copyright and trademark programs, managed comprehensive licensing projects, and implemented litigation-prevention efforts.
- By developing these comprehensive intellectual property strategies, Jerry helps his clients thrive in rapid-to-market and highly litigious industries.
Technology and Information Security
- Counsels clients on complex technology projects.
- Frequently helps his clients develop effective strategies for acquiring high technology and information systems, and ensures compliance with evolving laws and regulations applicable to confidential data.
- Has drafted numerous colocation and cloud computing agreements, negotiated software development projects, developed data security programs, and prepared hardware procurement agreements.
Intellectual Property Litigation
Disputes involving intellectual property and technology are an unfortunate reality in today’s competitive marketplace. Jerry has the experience to quickly identify potential disputes and resolve them before they end up in court.
- When litigation is necessary, Jerry is a vigorous advocate for his clients. He has successfully prosecuted and defended infringement lawsuits in state and federal courts across the country, as well as before the Trademark and Trial Appeal Board.
- He has brought and defended mission-critical lawsuits involving information technology systems, software performance issues, license disputes, data breaches and other technology related matters.
View All Related Experience
Professional Associations & Memberships