John A. Kvinge advises clients facing litigation, including contractual disputes, trade secret, copyright and other intellectual property matters, closely-held corporation shareholder claims, employment discrimination defense, and premises liability and personal injury defense. John delivers efficient and effective representation in the midst of challenging, complex disputes.
- Represented a closely held corporation in business valuation trial, obtaining dismissal of derivative claims against corporation and majority shareholders, and court-ordered sale of minority shareholder’s interest.
- Represented a 50-percent shareholder of a technology company who was frozen out of management and wrongfully accused of theft of trade secrets.
Premises Liability and Personal Injury Defense
- Represented a regional retailer in complex personal injury case with claimed damages of more than $1.6 million. A trial resulted in a complete defense victory in which the court determined the retailer had used safe and reasonable practices, and the plaintiff’s claimed damages were not caused by the incident.
- Represented a retailer in a case involving alleged traumatic brain injury of a minor while shopping with parents.
- Defended a computer recycling company against claims of copyright and trademark infringement.
- Represented an e-commerce management company following customer’s early termination of multi-year service contract and claim of ownership over valuable intellectual property.
General Business Litigation
- Represented a small business in dispute with former supplier involving fraudulent misrepresentation, defamation, fabricated contracts and millions of dollars in alleged damages. A trial resulted in a significant jury verdict in favor of client.
- Represented a technology company in lawsuit against a Taiwanese manufacturer for defective products.
View All Related Experience
Professional Associations & Memberships