Katherine E. Muller is an intellectual property litigator who represents clients in patent, trademark, copyright and trade secrets litigation. She is also a registered patent attorney with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and has represented clients in both trademark and patent administrative proceedings. Katie teaches legal writing and oral advocacy at the University of Minnesota Law School for students in intellectual property moot court classes and coaches the competition team competing in the AIPLA’s national moot court competition.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Enforcement of patent and trademark rights. Advised numerous clients in various industries regarding enforcement of patent and trademark rights.
- Construction materials – non-infringement. Secured summary judgment of non-infringement for client in construction materials space.
- State court – trade secrets action. Represented pest control client in state court action for trade secrets misappropriation.
- HVAC company – multiple IP claims. Represented HVAC client in litigation involving patent, trade dress, false advertising and copyright claims.
- Federal Circuit – claim construction ruling. Obtained affirmance of favorable claim construction ruling for client before the Federal Circuit.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Proceedings
- Patent Trial And Appeal Board – inter partes review. Represented patent owner in inter partes review of patent for agricultural implement before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Represented clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Food, Drug, and Device Section
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Young Lawyers Group for Twin Cities Diversity in Practice
- Member, Sponsorship Working Group