Laura M. McCabe represents business owners in a wide variety of transactions. She advises clients in the organization of business entities, negotiation of contracts as well as sale and acquisition transactions and other matters. Laura works closely with her clients to provide business-focused solutions to their legal needs.
- Managed the due diligence process for the sale of a family-owned manufacturing company for $100 million.
- Analyzed the intercompany relationship between a family of companies in anticipation of a sale and revised the companies’ legal and contractual structure to better accommodate the sale.
- Implemented a contract management system for a specialty manufacturing company by drafting form documents that mitigated the company’s risk and streamlined management’s review.
- Drafted Bank Merger Act Applications and negotiated with the FDIC and OCC to effectuate the acquisition of several bank branches.
- Worked closely with banking and financial institutions to solve unique regulatory issues.
- Reviewed vendor service agreements for compliance with banking compliance and confidentiality obligations.
- Drafted and negotiated independent contractor agreements for use with transportation contractors.
- Managed the domestic and international operating authorities for a global transportation company for household goods and commodities shipments.
- Negotiated and managed military and GSA transportation contracts and authorities.