Melissa Hagstrum Bayne advises clients on estate planning, trust and estate litigation, probate, trust and estate administration, guardianship and conservatorship, elder law, long-term care planning, and special needs planning.
- Trusts, including special needs trusts and supplemental needs trusts
- Prenuptial agreements
Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Powers of attorney
- Health care directives
- Advanced psychiatric directives
- Disability planning
- Elder care needs
- Long-term care planning
Trust and Estate Litigation
- Will contests
- Lack of capacity claims
- Undue influence claims
- Contested guardianships and conservatorships
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Validity of will and trust provisions
In addition, Melissa has extensive experience working with individuals with addiction, mental illness and special needs.
View All Related Experience
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN; 2009, J.D.
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; 2003, M.Ed.
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ; 2002, B.A.
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Liability Waivers in Minnesota Governed By New Law Effective August 1, 2013
- Minnesota Court of Appeals Decides Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations and Federal Preemption Issues In Medical Device Product Defect Case
- Minnesota Court of Appeals allows uncollectible damages award to be reallocated to severally liable co-defendants