Daniel T. Kadlec advises clients on a wide variety of corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, financing and succession planning. Dan also serves as the firm’s chief financial officer and served for 10 years as a member of its board of directors. Prior to joining the firm, he spent several years as a CPA with Ernst & Young. This background, together with his present role in firm management, provides Dan with unique insights into advising clients on finance and business matters.
- Lead corporate and finance counsel for retail client in obtaining and closing $755 million securitized loan from German American Capital Corporation.
- Finance counsel to international franchise company in obtaining $108 million credit facility from Golub Capital, LLC.
- Acquisition and finance counsel to food industry client in $35 million buyout of managing partner and restructuring of business.
- Lead borrower’s counsel for multi-unit quick service restaurant franchisee in $30 million credit facility from Wells Fargo Bank, NA, and subsequent amendments.
- Lender’s counsel in numerous transactions for provider of educational testing and other services, including obtaining $34 million credit facility from regional bank.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Primary advisor to large veterinary practice with multiple locations in connection with sale to national provider.
- Lead counsel for Canadian manufacturer of water and waste water treatment products in multiple acquisitions of similar businesses in the United States.
- Counseled multi-state engineering firm in conversion to 100% ESOP-owned firm.
- Structured management purchase of major Minneapolis restaurants from original owner. Serve as outside general counsel for restaurants.
- Advised large dental practice in successful separation from its management company and the acquisition of multiple locations.
- Primary counsel for large co-op client in formation of joint ventures with other regional and national co-ops and with a non-U.S. agricultural products manufacturer.
General Corporate Matters
- Corporate counsel to large family-owned business in connection with restructuring ownership of hundreds of direct and indirect-owned entities to simplify bank reporting requirements.
- Managed complete review and update of product warranties for a national manufacturer of plumbing products.
- Serve as outside general counsel for numerous privately-held businesses.
View All Related Experience
Professional Associations & Memberships