Lynn A. Baldus works with business owners and managers to facilitate their goals and take the next step in their business by providing timely and effective counsel. He provides advice to clients regarding corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation, business succession planning and related matters. Lynn has worked with businesses ranging from family farms to multi-state corporations, and knows that the legal issues facing companies can be as unique and diverse as the company itself.
General Business Matters
- Provided ongoing advice to a rental management company in all aspects of its business, including bringing in new members, acquiring new properties, and handling insurance issues related to a natural disaster.
- Reviewed companies’ formation documents to ensure the owners’ settled expectations regarding the company were not affected by a change in Minnesota’s limited liability company law.
- Assisted a business in developing useable forms for contracts and subleases to enable it to be able to react quickly to business opportunities.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Provided due diligence work analyzing the contracts of a multi-million dollar service company putting itself up for sale to ensure that the company’s valuable relationships would continue through a change in ownership.
- Worked with a team of lawyers to facilitate the acquisition of various franchises across the country ensuring compliance with local environmental laws and regulations.
- Facilitated the transfer of ownership of a small medical practice from a retiring doctor to a new doctor including the associated real estate.
- Developed a succession plan and reorganized a business structure to ensure a family business would pass to the next generation and continue to thrive under new ownership.
- Minnesota, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2016
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN; J.D., 2015, Business Law and Environmental and Energy Law
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN; BA, 2012, History