Michael J. Salchert advises dentists, veterinarians, and optometrists in corporate, business, real estate and transactional matters. He primarily works with these professionals on the sale or purchase of professional practices, providing general business advice including employment and other business contractual and real estate matters.
For more than 35 years, Michael has worked with health care professionals mostly in the dental industry. He also has extensive experience in the veterinary and optometry industries. Michael leverages his longtime business experience in counseling his clients on a wide range of business and legal issues.
- Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and advising dental, veterinary, and optometry professionals in the sale and purchase of professional practices including real estate.
- Extensive experience structuring transactions to the benefit of his professional clients including the forming of appropriate professional entities.
- Provides ongoing legal advice as outside corporate counsel for numerous corporations.
- Counsels clients on succession and tax planning for their businesses.
- Advises clients on obtaining financing and other non-legal services for their practices.
- Regularly speaks at seminars for dentists, optometrists, and veterinarians.
- Represents licensed professionals before governing boards of their profession.
- Mediates business disputes as a qualified neutral under Rule 114 of the Minnesota Rules of Practice.
- U.S. Court of Appeals,8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN; J.D.
- St. John’s University, Collegeville, MN; B.A. Sociology; B.A. Government